Friday 27 October 2017

Shrike photos wanted!

Do you have any top quality photos of shrikes? Norbert Lefranc and I are preparing a new edition of 'Shrikes' for Helm/Bloomsbury Publishing and this time we will be including photos.

We are looking for high resolution images of all species/subspecies of Lanius, Corvinella, Urolestes and Eurocephalus. Ideally we want to show males, females, juveniles and immatures (if ageable). RAW or TIF formats are preferred but high res JPEGs may be acceptable.

We are particularly interested to see photos of less well-known species, e.g. Tibetan (Giant) Grey Shrike (Lanius giganteus), Mountain Shrike (L.validirostris) , Emin's Shrike (L.gubernator) and São Tomé Fiscal Shrike (L.newtoni). Even less than perfect shots of these may be just what we need.

All published photos will be credited. Our budget is not large and we cannot pay for images, instead all photographers whose photos we use will receive a copy of the book.

If you'd like to help please drop me a line at timworfolk@gmail.com







12 comments:

  1. Hi Tim,

    I have quite a few photos of Shrikes you maybe interested in....Here is a link to my Shrikes page on my website

    http://garytsphotos.zenfolio.com/p318863638

    Please take a look, if there are any you would like, please let me know

    ATB

    Gary Thoburn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gary,
      Thanks for the kind offer. Just had a quick glance at your shrikes and there's some fine photos there! I'll have a proper look through later then I'll get back to you. cheers, Tim

      Delete
    2. No probs Tim, my email address is on the website, but here it is again anyway

      boiler123@hotmail.com

      Delete
  2. Hi Tim.
    I have a few photos of Masked Shrike from Cyprus both male and female plus a few of the Southern Grey Shrikes on Fuertaventura if your would like to take a look.
    Regards
    Mark Askew.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tim, i've got some decent Daurian shrike photos. They are the Pembroke bird a few years back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi and thanks for the offer. Would you like to send me a jpeg and we'll see how it matches what material we already have for this sp. - timworfolk@gmail.com - cheers, Tim.

      Delete
  4. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius, call/whats-App Contact Number +918929509036 via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are times when some unknown reasons put a block in the processing. There are times when your account can be locked, and any sort of transaction is not possible in the case. However, the reason for the PayPal account locked is it contains quite a few policies and conditions, yet the solution is available. If you are wondering ‘why is my PayPal account locked’ or ‘how to unlock PayPal account,’ this post will help you step by step to clear all your facts. There are few circumstances, policies, and reasons as per the company to lock your account. You can check the solutions after that to find out how to get going and unlock PayPal account. So, if you want to know why do PayPal account get locked often, here we have the answer: if you want technicians help go to Paypal Nl Bellen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The website style is great, the articles is really excellent..............Facebook Bellen

    ReplyDelete